Aug. 3: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. EDT
Aug. 4: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. EDT
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND POSTERS
CRCHD is inviting the submission of abstracts highlighting original and recent research for poster presentation during this year’s Professional Development Workshop. Career Development (K Award) grantees are required to submit an abstract. All other CRCHD grantees are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract.
Abstract submissions are open until June 9, 2023.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please read and follow the Abstract Submission Guidelines below. You must register for the PDW before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online using minimal text formatting (i.e., tables, etc.).
- Submissions should highlight scientific findings from the following four categories: Basic, Behavioral/Population, Clinical, or Translational studies in Cancer and/or Cancer Health Disparities Research.
- Submitted abstracts MUST NOT EXCEED 300 words (authors and affiliations are not included in the word count).
- Abstracts must be single spaced in Arial 12-point font with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Abstracts must include the following information and be submitted using the provided abstract template:
- Title: Abstract title in bold and indicate the content of the abstract.
- Authors: Include author and/or coauthors listed and grouped together (last name, first initial, middle initial). The primary presenter's name should be listed first. Omit academic degrees and titles but include institutional affiliations for each of the collaborating and corresponding authors. Please do not abbreviate institutional affiliations.
- Introduction/Background: Brief description of the background, hypothesis, and objectives of the study/project.
- Methods: A summary of the experimental methods and/or procedures.
- Results: A summary of the data and results obtained.
- Conclusions: The conclusions and implications of the work, including the significance of the finding(s).
- Funding: Funding support information for the work described in the abstract.
- Abstracts should be uploaded and submitted in BOTH PDF and Microsoft Word formats.
Please direct all inquiries regarding abstract submission to Whitney Barfield Steward, PhD, at email@example.com.
If you have any additional questions regarding the PDW, please contact Laritza Rodriguez, MD, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any difficulty uploading and/or submitting your abstract, please email Ms. Michelle Murray at email@example.com.